Too Young
Apparently my youth does not allow me to loose a love
Or even to lack
I dare not have experienced hardships that weigh me down
Certainly not!
Far too young am I
Isn’t that what you said?
You see it in my eyes-
My innocence is telling
Many secrets I never knew-o no!
But my eyes and my face, the language my body speaks
I thought it a retreat
But to my dismay
Different things it speaks
Too young, naïve
Apparently that’s me
No detrimental codependence acquired here
For I haven’t had time
Or lived a life enough
Said some
I’m just too young
My age is a lie
Says my little voice inside
That comes from my mouth
I’ve barely passed puberty
So you should not even look my way except to scold me
For acting soo grown
Where are you going? And why are you dressed like that?
Isn’t it passed time for you to be in bed?
I smile as usual and am accused of being a flirt
And for all it’s worth
This little girl whom is actually old
Can’t seem to discovery the route out of your head
And it bothers me-there is no flattery
When you think I’m eight but would love to take me on a date
To get me alone for a while cause I walk with such style
You just can’t stop thinking about me
Problem is my sister is thirteen
And now she has breasts
Both she and I will be put to the test
Faced with men loving our smile and first captured by our youth
What is she suppose to do
Born with a dimple accenting the left side of her face
Too many times will she be chased
By the men opposite your persuasion that I am too young
And it is them that will cause her to fall
From their sweet talk of her beauty
Pedophiles tainting her self esteem
Causing her to believe she is merely a sexual being
Innocence stolen too soon
Her youth will also shine through
Just as I am a picture so precious and young
So she will be
Bearing the load of life, love, loss and hardship
So before you pass judgment on me
Stop to think of the possibility
That maybe I am not what I seem
Ask questions rather than assuming
Thank God for His many blessings
Such as me, my sister and the many young ladies
That appear to be too young for their reality
And I will work on appropriately representing the many years
God has blessed me to see
Thank you for complimenting my youth
Now it is time for me to leave.
And O, I am too young…for you!
TJ~2004
Apparently my youth does not allow me to loose a love
Or even to lack
I dare not have experienced hardships that weigh me down
Certainly not!
Far too young am I
Isn’t that what you said?
You see it in my eyes-
My innocence is telling
Many secrets I never knew-o no!
But my eyes and my face, the language my body speaks
I thought it a retreat
But to my dismay
Different things it speaks
Too young, naïve
Apparently that’s me
No detrimental codependence acquired here
For I haven’t had time
Or lived a life enough
Said some
I’m just too young
My age is a lie
Says my little voice inside
That comes from my mouth
I’ve barely passed puberty
So you should not even look my way except to scold me
For acting soo grown
Where are you going? And why are you dressed like that?
Isn’t it passed time for you to be in bed?
I smile as usual and am accused of being a flirt
And for all it’s worth
This little girl whom is actually old
Can’t seem to discovery the route out of your head
And it bothers me-there is no flattery
When you think I’m eight but would love to take me on a date
To get me alone for a while cause I walk with such style
You just can’t stop thinking about me
Problem is my sister is thirteen
And now she has breasts
Both she and I will be put to the test
Faced with men loving our smile and first captured by our youth
What is she suppose to do
Born with a dimple accenting the left side of her face
Too many times will she be chased
By the men opposite your persuasion that I am too young
And it is them that will cause her to fall
From their sweet talk of her beauty
Pedophiles tainting her self esteem
Causing her to believe she is merely a sexual being
Innocence stolen too soon
Her youth will also shine through
Just as I am a picture so precious and young
So she will be
Bearing the load of life, love, loss and hardship
So before you pass judgment on me
Stop to think of the possibility
That maybe I am not what I seem
Ask questions rather than assuming
Thank God for His many blessings
Such as me, my sister and the many young ladies
That appear to be too young for their reality
And I will work on appropriately representing the many years
God has blessed me to see
Thank you for complimenting my youth
Now it is time for me to leave.
And O, I am too young…for you!
TJ~2004
No comments:
Post a Comment