Monday, July 02, 2012

Tactful honesty


I don’t think I’ve learned an adequate technique of
Tactful honesty
a difficult and dangerous thing. When the volumes of silence provide incomplete information it becomes necessary to fill the void. 
Carefully,
I bid the speaker that no more is given than required, tactful and honest.

I don’t think I’ve fully learned the art or mastered a technique
So eager to over elaborate
Expand and quantify
Seeking approval from many the unqualified
Opinions are taken as facts
Grateful for the listening ear, civil integrity is lost. Unfortunately many do not seek and have no concern for the two as one. Rather, separate, one is sufficient; barely required. Modestly employed
But I
I am tired of being walked on and around
Tired of speaking to open ears that hear but are not listening
Tired of being delicate with the dishonest
So our silences feign understanding and create false explanations but fail to communicate
 And veracity is rarely given nor is it prudent  
Truth is a façade elegantly performing for the crowd.
No longer will the entourage count me as one

So eager to elaborate
Seeking approval
Receiving faulty opinions
I give it to the birds, release in the wind
Study tactful honesty
Apply to self
Remain silent and otherwise candid

TLJ 6/2012

No comments: