Monday, July 02, 2012

Not Interested

Not interested

I should learn to lie
Or temper my smile
Smile and keep walking
Put my head phones in

Oh that would be easiest, put the headphones in
I have to remember to put the headphones in

I'm just saying: what exactly do you know about me
from my walk
From the fact that I stopped?

Telling me I could be
 the one
when my favorite color is a mystery
and you Just barely know my name
Not a drop of history
or an informational  pamphlet "about me"
To clue you in

Not that history
is the beginning and the end
but it tells a story
important to the future
Important to the me you Think you see,
the me you'd like to be
 "the one"

This pick up line is nothing but fun
A game of dice that you roll
In search of...
What Are you looking for??
I'm pretty sure it's not me

Thank you kindly

For asking my name,
complimenting my smile,
 admiring my walk
Don't be angry cause I'm not ...

Interested

Not interested in anything you offer
Could grow to possess Or
Want to learn so that I may be the end of your quest

And all of this you might come to know
if you took a different approach
and learned a little of the history behind the story of me
Instead of reinforcing that
         I should really learn to lie
Make up a default name
Go back to keeping my headphones in
And practice the art of "keep it moving"

I'm flattered but really,
Not interested



TLJ 3/2012

No comments: