Just Friends
Just Friends...huh???
to be more will never end well
but we already are
More than friends or buds
More than casual or platonic
Come to think about it, we're anything but
Just Friends
the terminology doesn't imply enough and too much
Still, its as if I know nothing about you
nor you of me
There have been butterfly loops, knots and random heat
Since the moment you first twirled me around and kissed me
I've been referred to as a forbidden fruit
Not meant to… to be eaten or cooked
But, without realizing...your very presence tempers my inside
softens me up
The forbidden me or the forbidden you
is masked by passion
the reality is more unclear as the temperature rises
impulses are great, magnetic attraction unbearably strong
almost every aspect of this relationship is wrong
but guilt is no where to be found
I guess that is the sin in us...desiring the forbidden
growing into everything but
Just Friends
Growing into everything but Just Friends
Accepting and embracing more than
Pondering futures of ever after
neglecting to explore pasts unspoken
spinning spiraling
too fast
no brakes or deceleration
more than just friends
not even friends
too far fetched to believe in
too deep to retrieve from within
no hope for a future without intervention
walk away
WE should have walked away
but instead we remain and
any good that has come has been out done by the bad
any love that has grown is overshadowed with
a lack of content
so many words
poorly communicated or not at all
everything left between the lines
hurt, harm, sleepless nights
inability to focus
what is and has always been unavailable is worse now
than any could have imagined
I was a confidine
now I am shunned
you were just about my life
now I am alone
without the one that I wanted
from the time I admitted to myself we could
never be
Just friends just friends
not even
hard to conceive
not ending well
No comments:
Post a Comment