Today was the Perfect Day for missing someone
Someone that would never come
For missing that person you knew missed you
But was continuously fighting that feeling
pushing it away
Like a Child that speaks to their parent
via the phone
that parent that always lets you down
by not showing up, though they promised
but the known disappointment doesn't stop them
from getting their hopes up
doesn't keep their heart from longing
Today was that day
very gloomy outside
not a day to be mad that nothing was done
or time was wasted waiting
and if there were anything to be unhappy about and sulk in
the sky would encompass you
release the sorrow packed away
just that kind of day
I had no desire to dismiss that sorrow
It reminded me...
I still wait for you
knowing there is no arrival
I wake and look for you before dawn breaks
I need not open my eyes
no longer must it be
a physical walking back and forth of the house
this narrow place
Its in my mind
The layout and the steps
the silence
the bed filled with air holding One
comfortably
I wake and my spirit seeks you
finding the day of the week
searching
not time to move
not even to reposition
but to feel the room for you
the missing
I look for you
for your presence
I hope for it, searching
Are you showering? I think its after 4
turning over to the pillow or emptiness?
curled in a ball, crying, mourning?
Do you look for me?
Your problems are much larger than me
certainly its not my caress
my lack of cuddling perfectly inside you
that keeps you awake, steals your sleep
but even in knowing this
being aware and sleeping through the night
i yearn for your smile
through tears and hurt
your kindness and gentle spirit
I search for you in my thoughts
while redefining patience
assigning patience a time and length
will I ever not wait?
There seems to me to always be the perfect parking spot
right in sight from my window
but worry not, I don't sit there waiting much
but today seemed to me to be
the perfect day
for watching, waiting, missing someone
wondering if the time will ever come
when I wait no more
the perfect day I say
to divert my attention
and leave the searching and waiting
for those early morning hours
any hour just before and after that deep REM sleep
the brackett of time I seem to be unable to escape
Still today was the perfect day
as if I had forgotten
I remembered,
despite what I might think
I wait
looking for themissing presence
you.
This perfect day will come again
No comments:
Post a Comment